By Jimmy Ayash
The sport of boxing with all the rumors in combination with possible matchups & purse possibilities has more drama then students at a high school.
Here’s what we know:
- Pacquiao wants to fight this summer- most likely July.
- Mayweather isn’t interested in fighting a boxer, his focus is on entertainment & UFC fighters.
- Mikey Garcia & Errol Spence Jr. Are looking for dance partners in July.
- Mikey Garcia vs Manny Pacquiao has been in the pipeline for years.
- Errol Spence Jr. Vs Manny Pacquiao is the biggest fight that can be made in boxing outside of Joshua vs Fury.
Most likely Pacquiao will pick one of the two future hall of famers to fight.
With the current coronavirus situation and safely issues, no one is able to predict the future and what will happen in July.
For example, Matchroom Boxing’s Head Eddie Hearn wants to bring the Pacquiao Show/ Superfight to the Desert of Saudi Arabia in July, but the country is no longer excepting any flights in or out and currently has their airports completely shut down.
New York State just implemented a no more than 250 people in a gathering rule, suspending not only all major sports such as baseball and basketball, but also Broadway shows. ( not to mention students scrambling home from college and people being separated from their families due to flight cancellations, airport shutdowns and quarantine specifications).
In addition, the stock market is nearly down 10,000 points- losing a third of its value in the last two weeks and worrying families about there retirement plans and investments.
Who will Pacquiao fight, where will he fight???
Truth is – there’s currently more pressing issues then Boxing.
Photo courtesy of PBC & Fox Sports